Saturday, March 17, 2012

Tasting- Sterling Vintner's Collection Meritage

Name: Sterling Vintner's Collection Meritage
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbec, Petit Verdot
Region: Sonoma, CA
Country: USA
Year: 2009
Price: $7.99

Bottler Review: Our Meritage is a classic blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbec, and Petit Verdot from some of California's best appellations. This richly textured wine has flavors of cherry, chocolate, black raspberry, and vanilla, which lead to a full, lingering finish. Enjoy our Meritage with grilled or roasted meats and heavy vegetables.

My Review:  After on weekend of tasting at the Vintage Cellar in Blacksburg, VA, I was hooked on a certain blend of wine that included all of my favorite reds. After not being about to find it anywhere, I can across this bottle that was very similar in content. Although it might not have been the exact one I fell in love with, this Meritage was very pleasing to my palate. The mix of lighter and heavier reds blended perfectly goes well with any dinner or just to have as a night cap. I would definitely buy a bottle of this again.

I had this wine with pasta and steak.


No comments:

Post a Comment